Position Title: Claims Technician
Reports To: Claims Supervisor
The Claims Technician is required to provide flawless execution of the claims process, ensuring that incoming claims are registered, validated and expedited for quick resolution and settlement while promoting a hassle-free customer experience. Responsible for the the prompt processing and equitable settlement of claims, for clients covered under Motor and Non-Motor Services/Contracts/Provisions.
Managing claims costs in keeping with the Cost Containment Standard Operating Procedures.
- Reviews new claims and requests/obtains essential information to advise clients/claimants.
- Assist clients in reporting claims.
- Appoint investigators or internal and/or external adjusters in accordance with Claims Guidelines
- Prepares correspondence for clients, agencies, brokers and other relevant parties involved in settlement of a particular claim.
- Effective use of core operating system to manage all aspects of incoming claims including photos, notes and digital files for each client ensuring that files are in the correct action at each stage of the claim process.
- Analyzes claims in conjunction with Supervisor/Manager to determine when/if independent adjusters and investigators are necessary for claim resolution.
- Requisitioning of payments and Purchase Orders.
- Verify and dispatch of settlement cheque where required.
- Effectively manage reserves and claims status on core operating system.
- Ensure prompt dispatch of correspondence.
- Negotiate settlement within pre-determined authority limit.
- Additional divisional related duties from time to time as instructed by the Manager/Supervisor.
Customer Service and Satisfaction:
- Improve the customers’ experience by guiding them through the claims process, addressing their concerns at each juncture in a professional and efficient manner.
- Continuously provides customers with service through necessary follow-ups and updates, provision of advice and assisting them with queries.
- Provides technical advice to customers when necessary
- Work with other insurance companies, branches, agents, brokers and service providers to remain current on the progression of a client’s claim and ensure that the client is always kept updated
- Maintain professional development by keeping up to date on company guidelines, policies, practices.
- Attending internal training, seminars and work-shops as required.
- 5 O’levels including Mathematics and English
- At least two years experience in a Claims environment will be an asset
- CII Certificate and/or Diploma in Claims adjusting will be an asset
- Computer Literate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge – the incumbent must be proficient in the following areas:
- Office administration procedures
- Microsoft office suite
- Basic knowledge of General Insurance
- Sound knowledge of Claims Procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Service orientation
- Up to date and accurate record-keeping
- Ability to prioritize work and adapt to interruption and unpredictable situation
- Personal Attributes:
- Professionalism, Integrity, reliability and flexibility.
- A team player with willingness to grow and learn professionally.
NB: Grades I, II and III are assigned based on number of years’ relevant experience in the field and qualification level.