The Client Services Supervisor is responsible for ensuring a positive customer experience by organizing and coordinating the daily operations and procedures of the Branch Office and of the Client Service Underwriters in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
The Client Services Supervisor is expected to maintain office services and efficiency in areas of punctuality, attendance and supervision of staff, underwriting, claims, receivables management, and all forms of reporting to Head Office. He/she is expected to deal directly with The Beacon’s Customers, and will be empowered to act on The Beacon’s behalf, have the ability to bind cover up to a specified amount, provide quotes, manage claims and receivables, and deal with customer service issues.
Business development/revenue generation
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of initiatives aimed at increasing new business.
- Bind Coverage for quotations provided and accept New Business for all classes of insurance in keeping with The Beacon’s guidelines and approved Limits of Authority.
- Authorize credit for customers where necessary.
- Market and cross-sell all classes of business to new and existing clients.
- Control incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Establish standardized work procedures to improve departmental efficiency.
- Continuously ensure that Underwriters’ activities are in compliance with all of The Beacon’s guidelines, manuals and corporate policies.
- Ensure the accuracy and efficiency of all entries made on The Beacon’s core operating system – I90/LANSA.
- Provide monthly reports on the Branch’s performance, including human resources, receivables issues and branch issues.
- Scheduling of Vacation, time off and all other related administrative duties.
- To assist in Underwriting Audits, encompassing rating, terms and conditions, and document preparation and content.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Customer Service and Satisfaction
- Provide immediate Proof of Cover to Customers for newly accepted business and renewals.
- Sign all Policy and other Documents and ensure timely delivery to Customers.
- Ensure a high standard of Customer- service delivery including:
- Efficient and timely handling of complaints or queries.
- Provision of technical advice to Customers.
- Efficient processing of claim forms (receive forms and determine coverage levels).
- Provision of briefs to the Claims Department on claimants and the respective risk(s).
- Providing guidance and updates to the Customer throughout the claim process.
- Supervise all staff functions and activities including:-
- Assigning and monitoring underwriting, claims handling, clerical and data entry functions.
- Orientation and training of employees.
- Evaluating staff performance.
- Coaching and disciplining staff where necessary.
- To continuously assess the performance and competencies of Underwriters in Client Services Unit, and to provide training and retraining where necessary, in conjunction with the Senior Supervisor and Manager, Branch Operations.
- Scheduling Training and Re-Training.
- To manage the collection of premiums for all business (new and renewal) for which the unit is responsible.
- 5 CXC O’ Level subjects including Mathematics and English.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in general insurance underwriting and Supervisory Experience will be an asset.
- CII Diploma or equivalent or studying towards certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge – The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Knowledge of office administration
- Knowledge of human resource
- Management and supervision
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
Skills – The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Team building skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Service orientation.
Personal Attributes – The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Honest and trustworthy
- Sound work ethic.