The successful candidate will provide support to the office of the Chief Operating Officer and Managing Board. With a strong focus on cross division project management, developing the Key Performance Indicators (KPI), this position contributes to the overall success by analyzing actual performance results, assessing the KPI variances and business opportunities for senior executive management. The candidate will also work directly with the Chief Operating Officer in assisting with his reporting, analysis, presentations and administrative duties.
- Collate and Analyze reports for various department heads for the Chief Operating Officer
- Extract and utilize data from reports to help drive strategic decisions. Conduct data analysis to support decision making of senior management
- The production and development of Key Performance Indicators and identification of process efficiency to enable operational improvements.
- Implement Business Intelligence mechanisms for the company by supporting an enterprise wide business intelligence framework that will provide the organization with solutions for effective decision-making.
- Extract and analyze insurance industry data in order highlight business opportunities for the company by monitoring analytics and metrics results
- Create reporting templates &/or designs for the executive team.
- Take minutes for management board meetings and any other administrative functions required at those meetings
- Maintain an accurate and detailed calendar for COO, manage and log incoming scheduling requests, re-schedule meetings upon request, proactively communicate changes, and anticipate and respond to scheduling conflicts
- Track COO’s tasks and projects to ensure appropriate prioritization of projects with respect to deadlines and organizational developments while providing special project leadership and support as needed
- Designing presentations for EMT and Board meetings
- Organize internal and external meetings for COO, including logistical and substantive preparation
- Manage all travel scheduling and arrangements
- Track and reconcile monthly credit card statements and complete and submit expense reports in a timely manner
- Ensure consistent and efficient interaction key stakeholders across the organization; demonstrate poise and tact under pressure and handle matters with sound judgement and confidentiality
- Conduct preliminary research on a variety of topics; draft materials as needed
- Assisting with Minutes of EMT and Board Meetings.
- Supervise the Support Services Department in maintaining all operational functions of facilities maintenance, courier/janitorial/security services, stationery supplies and kitchen custodians for the Company which falls under the office of the COO.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus two or more years of professional work history; six or more total years of post-secondary professional work history in lieu of Bachelor’s degree considered.
- Ability to understand and find appropriate applications for data and analysis results
- One or more years of experience in providing high-level support to executives.
- Detail oriented, organized with proven ability to successfully multi-task
- Positive, tenacious attitude
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and preference for collaboration with proven success working with others; ability to work with high profile individuals externally, as well as collaborate internally
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and sometime unpredictable environment; works well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good decisions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Organized with a proven ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Experience managing complex event logistics
- Experience with domestic and international business travel arrangements, coordinating meetings and tracking credit card and other expenses
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project, Project Management
Knowledge and Skills/Ability:
- You must be a self-starter, solution focused, and most importantly, you must realize that you are joining something that is a mission larger than your job, your career and even this organization.
- Enthusiasm to learn and drive significantly contribute
- Take initiative to learn and ability to work independently.
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global matrix organization
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal skills
- Remains positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Demonstrates critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Action oriented and results focused
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver