Position Title: Manager, Marketing & Branding
Reports To: Senior Manager – Corporate Services
This position is responsible for conceptualizing, developing, executing and measuring the effectiveness of a congruent strategic Marketing and Branding plan for all of Beacon’s operations, achieving continuous market growth and revenue in the process. Strengthen and institutionalize brand internally and externally through proposed initiatives.
Business development/Revenue Generation:
- Develops and implements activities and strategies for the organization which will result in the greatest share of the market over the medium to long term
- Establishes and implements advertising, sponsorship and branding objectives and initiatives that are aligned to the overall strategic plan to ensure the following:
- Minimum market share growth of 0.5% per annum
- Based on extenuating circumstances, maintain market share loss to +/- 1%
- Maintain brand recall within top 5 insurers, top 3 is preferable
- Develops and manages the annual marketing budget to +/- 10%, based on planned activities
- Develops the marketing messages and advertising strategy for each market, using digital, social and traditional channels as applicable and manages placement and distribution of approved creatives for each market.
- Manage and maintain Beacon’s social media strategy across all applicable platforms, through documented plans for Content and promotions. Ensure effective performance of Digital support providers.
- Constantly scan the digital platforms and assess the effectiveness of the strategy in terms of the profile of the customer our programs and advertising attract, produce recommendations to improve and execute where necessary
- Responsible for generation, tracking and analysis of incoming sales leads through development of the digital marketing campaigns and online promotions.
- Monitor and analyze digital marketing landscape, report on new and existing trends and how these can affect current proposed campaigns and projects
- Works closely with Insurance Operations to optimize the sales strategy and increase incoming leads through customer base analysis, short and long-term promotional activities and campaigns and niche marketing tactics
- Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors so that market opportunities may be capitalized on and the effects of competitive activity, minimized
- Evaluates market reactions to advertising campaigns, merchandising, new products and promotional campaigns to ensure the timely adjustment of strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Conducts market research surveys to evaluate, improve and maintain the relevance of the Beacon brand, pricing and products. Provides reports and recommendations on same.
- Responsible for Sponsorship and CSR program development, execution and evaluation of effectiveness
- Ensures that Marketing, Sponsorship and CSR programs are aligned to achieving overall growth of and affinity to the brand and sub-brands, consistent brand presentation and messaging and preserve the integrity of the brand across any and all public messaging on behalf of the company
- Works with Customer Experience Manager to ensure that Customer Experience programs and promotions are aligned to achieving overall growth of and affinity to the brand and sub-brands, consistent brand presentation and messaging and preserve the integrity of the brand across any and all public messaging on behalf of the company
- Provides support to other divisions as necessary in achieving their marketing and sales objectives and also to manage and maintain brand consistency
- Ensures that the Division head is kept updated and informed of all relevant decisions and information
Customer Service and Satisfaction
- Ensure that internal customers are kept apprised of ongoing projects
- Ensure staff is managed within corporate guidelines and brand philosophies
- First degree in Marketing or related discipline
- Master’s degree in Business/Marketing would be an asset
- Equivalent and relevant work experience in lieu of Master’s
- At least 8 years’ experience in a similar position
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge – the incumbent must be proficient and competent in the following areas:
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Social media strategy and analytics
- Knowledge of MCCM tools
- Strategic planning capability
- Experience in local and regional markets
- Experience with managing multiple service providers for critical and ongoing programs
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focused
- Process oriented
- Personal Attributes:
- Highest level of integrity and reliability
- Able to work and think independently