The Broker Services Snr. Operations Underwriter is responsible for organizing and coordinating the daily operations and procedures of the Unit to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in the underwriting, processing and booking of all transaction requests received from the Broker Market.
The Snr. Operations Underwriter is expected to maintain office services and efficiency in areas of punctuality, attendance, supervision of underwriting staff, underwriting, and all forms of reporting to the Snr. Supervisor Broker Processing & Quality Control Unit.
He/She will be empowered to act on The Beacon’s behalf, have the ability to bind cover up to specified amounts, provide quotes, deal with customer service issues, and assist in the management of claims and receivables where necessary.
- To ensure established standards and procedures are maintained within the Unit.
- To ensure effective and efficient Underwriting takes place within unit and any corrections as dealt with immediately.
- To support Brokers and Business Unit Underwriters (BDUs) in effecting new business and retention of renewals for Beacon.
- To ensure Key Performance Indicators are implemented and maintained as agreed with VP Insurance Operations and Senior Manager Brokerage.
- To monitor all To Do Lists on Lansa ensuring that set all agreed SLAs (service level agreements) are met or exceeded.
- To supervise other underwriters within the Broker Processing Team and its operations
- To prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports on the Unit’s performance, including (but not limited to) within same, human resource issues.
- To continuously ensure compliance with all of The Beacon’s guidelines, manuals and corporate policies by all the Underwriters in this Unit.
- To ensure high service levels to Brokers and accuracy in processing of policies.
- To assist BDUs and Senior Management with effectively growing Beacon’s book of business.
- To ensure the Beacon’s Underwriting Guidelines are followed by all the Underwriters in this Unit.
- To ensure the timely Completion of all underwriting requests.
- To sign Broker Slips where necessary in keeping with The Beacon’s guidelines and provided Limits of Authority.
- To Bind Coverage for quotations provided and accept New Business for all classes of insurance in keeping with The Beacon’s guidelines and provided Limits of Authority.
- To provide immediate Proof of Cover to Customers for newly accepted business and renewals, or as required.
- To ensure the accuracy and efficiency of all entries made on The Beacon’s core operating systems.
- To provide timely sign off on all Policy and other Documents as required and within agreed Service Level Times.
- To provide technical advice to Customers and Underwriters when necessary.
- To provide technical assistance to Colleagues in other Divisions when necessary.
- Minimum of eight (8) years combined experience in general insurance underwriting and claims
- CII Certificate or equivalent, or already studying towards same
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree will be considered an asset.