Motor Insurance
Commercial Own Goods

Quick Question:

What does a plumber have in common with a farmer and a nationwide chain of supermarkets?

Hint: the plumber’s van is full of tools and plumbing supplies; the farmer carries his goods to market twice a week; and the supermarket’s trucks deliver daily so their shelves are always fully stocked.

Answer: their vans and trucks all carry their ‘own goods’ as they go about their business.

How does this affect their insurance policies?

It means they qualify for ‘Own Goods’ commercial insurance, regardless of how small or big they are.

At Beacon, we offer great value on both of our ‘Own Goods’ policies:
  • Third Party only:
    • Covers your liability to third parties if you cause them bodily injury, or damage their property, as a result of your negligence on the roads.
    • Beacon will pay damages up to the limits of whichever policy you select.
    • It’s the least amount of cover allowed by law
  • Fully Comprehensive includes:
    • Damage and/or injury to a Third Party
    • Damage to your own vehicle (Own Damage)
    • Windscreen damage
    • No Claims Discount (NCD)
    • Special Perils (optional extra)

And for a small extra cost they could add our Goods In Transit insurance, which would cover the plumber’s tools and supplies, the farmer’s produce, and the supermarket’s millions of dollars worth of stock.

Find out more about Beacon’s ‘Own Goods’ Commercial Motor policy by contacting our Team.

If you need insurance to cover transporting goods for hire or reward then check Beacon’s General Cartage policy.

Need a hand financing your insurance premiums? Our partners at North West Premium Finance can help.

As a business owner, you might also be interested in Business Interruption insurance.

Get to know more about Beacon – check out our Company Profile.

We’re always here for you.